Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sawyer is 3 Months Old!


Sawyer is 3 months old today. I have said it before and I will say it again, time is flying by. Three months ago I was at the hospital in the early stages of pushing this kid out. I had no idea what life had in store for me. Weeks of sleepless nights, difficulty nursing, recovering... three short months. A lump wells up in my throat every time I consider how profoundly Sawyer has filled my heart with love and joy. Nursing, which was painful and filled me with dread and anxiety at first, is now a precious time I get to spend with Sawyer every 2 to 4 hours. I can look down to my boy, curled close and see his loving blue eyes as he smiles up at me.

Anyway...enough sap!

Being Sawyer's 3 month birthday, today was the day for 3 month pictures! We thought with the the sweet, smiley disposition our boy normally demonstates this would be a pleasant, happy experience. Even Cassie couldn't get the kid to smile! I think he just turned out to be tired and hungry during our session. Poor planning on my part... :( Live and learn has become my new motto. I spent a good portion of the session doing this...



I know what you are thinking mom..."Why didn't you just feed that baby!" Well, I did and he still wasn't satisfied! I think we will also pass on the nudey pictures next time. He was not happy about being on display for all the world to see. However, we did get this adorable shot. He smiles like this all of the time with his little tongue poking out!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Did you sneak this update in? For some reason it is just showing up for me today...?