Saturday, October 2, 2010

Shear Exhaustion...

This has been a lovely day.  It punctuates my exhausting week perfectly by being equally exhausting.  Tonight, I believe I will leave dishes in the sink.  I can barely move.  It is pretty sad when you wake up in the morning already looking forward to the next time you get to sleep.  Desperately, I hoped I would find a window of opportunity to lie down for a nap.  Who am I fooling though, I wouldn't be able to sleep because I am a total control freak and can't help but have my ears tuned into everything that goes on even while lying in bed.  I will hear the T.V. on and think to myself, "Is that Tosh.O I hear out there?" or "How long has Veda been laying in that swing?  Seriously, is that Sawyer playing in the toilet that I hear?"  Lord help me.

I am so exhausted in fact that I nearly never came back around to the first sentence I typed here.  Gotta love a day that starts with hearing happy noises coming from the co-sleeper and looking into the eyes of a baby who clearly is joyful.  Then sharing time with family throughout the day.  Sawyer made me proud so many times today just by being himself.  He is just the best helper a mommy could ask for.  I love spending time with him.  We hit the grocery store today.  He asked for pineapple and blue corn chips.  I ended up buying him a huge bag of M&Ms for being such a sweetie and doing just what I asked him to.  When it came time to check out, all I could find was a big bag of M&Ms.  They haven't been opened yet.  Sawyer was content just to hold them in the car on the way home. :)  This afternoon we took off for the mall and the Children's Museum.  I had to brave it part of the time by myself with both kids.  Shouldn't be a big deal but I am kind of a wimp about being out with them both on my own.  I avoid it, why would I put myself through it?  Well, I ought to "put myself through it" so I can be surprised.  So I can get bites of ice cream from my generous son.  So I can hear a woman at a neighboring table tell me she is impressed by my little boy as he cleans up after himself...  After reading this, perhaps I need to explore some inedible rewards...

No comments: