Sunday, June 15, 2008

Here's to a Couple of my Favorite Dads!








I get to watch Steve become a Dad and over the last 8 weeks (almost) he has made great progress. When we were in the hospital with Sawyer, Steve amazed me with how involved he was. He took care of Sawyer in the middle of the night, spent time with him in the nursery when he was there, and he changed almost every diaper. After Sawyer's "procedure" Steve definitally changed every diaper until he was healed. I was too big of a wimp and the hormones were raging so Sawyer's hurt cry brought me to tears every time, even thinking about the hurt cry made me bawl.



At first, Steve really wasn't sure about what to do with a baby. He felt ridiculous talking to a person who didn't talk back, but he is getting the hang of it. Now he has a silly song he sings when he changes Sawyer's diaper. I think he would die if I posted the lyrics here. I can't wait to hear all of the songs that are to come. I married Steve for the dad he would become.





Steve has high expectations to meet as a dad. My Dad is my hero. The most special things about my Dad are his selflessness, and his values. He is a man of few words but when he talks, you listen. He always reminds me that there is nothing I can't handle. I can remember calling him about something I was freaking out about. The kind of freaking out where you can't talk because you are crying too much. He just said, "What is the worst that can happen? Just think of the worst thing that could happen and figure out how you would live with it." This little exercise has gotten me through more than you can imagine, it has given me the guts to put myself out there. Sawyer has no idea how lucky he is to have him as his "Pop-pop." But he will.

No comments: